Sunday, November 29, 2020

Full Heart- Restored Heart

 I guess I should have written about the heart update sooner, but I have really be struggling with what exactly to write. I feel like I have been given a new lease on this life of mine. I know my sister too, feels this way. She came close to not being here for Thanksgiving, suddenly. We weren't quite prepared for it, and we are all still trying to get over that shock. 

So, the heart surgery to repair the hole was November 17th, going on 2 weeks ago. Everything went great. I feel so much better and everyday I am getting my energy back. That is not the story though, and I would fall short if I did not share the story with y'all. 

See, I was scared! When they saw how big the hole was and needed to do the TEE (transesophageal echocardiogram) to see just how big that hole was, I got major anxiety! I even went to far as to write my family letters, for when I was gone. I was worried I wouldn't see Mom again or my grandkids! So I had this test done and the Doctor told us it would require open heart surgery. If I wasn't scared before, well I was over the top- NOW!! So, what do you do when life is out of control? You pray- or at least I do. I call in all my prayer warriors and ask them to to pray! I shared my story, and when I did, not only did I get those prayers, I got answers. I got the names of great cardiologist, fabulous surgeons and the knowledge of this clinic at Emory, just for Congenital Heart Defects. I met those doctors and my prayers were also answered.  I no longer needed open heart surgery. Meanwhile, my sister got sick, and was airlifted to Emory and put in ICU. More prayer request and more answered!!! I can't ignore what God was doing that week! 

So, when it actually came time for the surgery. I could not defy the Lord and be scared or anxious. 

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not you HEART be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

I trusted in Him, I didn't feel the need to tell everyone good-bye. I just made sure they knew I loved them. Mainly, because seeing how sudden Cindi's situation was, we don't have time to waste, your moment can come up anytime! Everyone that I sent pictures to, while I was in the hospital commented that I didn't look like I had just had heart surgery. I am going to say, you were seeing the "Light" of Jesus there, holding me up. 


This fully restored heart was not just healed of a congenital hole, but it was restored in the faith of Jesus Christ. Hearing the sermon from my church today, finally made me sit down and write this blog. I am a "carrier" , not of the covid-19 virus, but of the love and trust of Christ. God set us apart to go forth and fulfill our work in the body of Christ. He answers your prayers. He is the one in control, so you don't have to be. You don't need to be afraid, trust in Him. 

 I will give the glory to Him today and always. 2020 is almost over, we can do this!!!