Monday, October 29, 2012

Mountain #3 is now in my sights

Friday Kim and I went to see the oncologist and the plastic surgeon. The Oncologist, Dr Hahm, said the plan is the same....8 treatments of chemo, every other week. First, we have to attend "chemo school on November 1st, to find out what it is all about. Then, I will go have an echocardiogram on the 2nd of November, to make sure my heart is strong enough for the chemo. SO, I start chemo on November 6th. That will have me finished up in February.
After finding out all of that and finally getting a plan and a timeline, we hopped on over to Dr. Leake's. Although Kim has done great and hasn't fainted once (even when I showed her "dickey the drain"), she decided not to stay in the room while Dickey was being removed. Cissy and I proceeded to give gorey details about his removal though, just so we could see if she would fall out. I know, we are bad! Really we are proud of how strong Kim has gotten with our gore! So Dickey was removed, even though I was still filling him up, he had outlived his stay. Dr. Leake also wanted to fill the expanders- I was a little nervous about that considering I am still so "uncomfortable". I feel like I have a 2x4 across the top of my chest with tennis balls (now cantalopes) under my skin.
I am scared about chemo- just the thought of toxic poison going into my body, makes you a little nervous. But like I said before, I am on a mission to kill all those cancer boogers in my body. So, getting out the hiking boots, putting in the pink laces and Singing up the Mountain- here we go! Next stop "Chemo School" with Lloyd and Kim on Thursday!

Oh yeah, Saturday our team, Team Traci walked in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk- thank you to everyone who sponsored us and walked with us. It was a blast and we came in First as far as donations!! The American Cancer Society interviewed me last week and here is the link to that interview. Thanks again to all my wonderful supporters!!!
ACS interview

No comments:

Post a Comment