Another reason for writing these three blogs, was to educate my kids and loved ones. Hopefully, they will make some little changes, to keep Cancer out of their lives! This idea came to me when I opened both of their refrigerators and found huge tubs of Country Crock. Along with sugar, margarine is the devil. Not only is it full of Omega 6, which we want to avoid because of the inflammation that it causes, but one of the ingredients is Calcium Disodium EDTA. This ingredient is made from a concoction of poisons and chelation chemicals. So, I am hoping to teach my loves ones what they can do to avoid the cancer that lives in them.
So let's get started!! Here are the changes that I have made or will be making for the next 3 weeks.
1. Exercise- I will exercise at least 30 minutes 6 times a week. (It really needs to warm up!!) I am also now wearing a FitBit to remind me how much I am moving!
2. Sugar- will be eliminated from my diet.
3. Trans Fat- Eliminated as well. This is found in processed foods- key words are Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.
4. Omega 6 is bad and Omega 3 is good- I am not a friend of Salmon so I add the Omega 3 to my diet via Chia Seeds. I sprinkle them into my yogurt each morning.
5. Wine and Alcohol- I know what your thinking! (Traci's going to stop drinking??) Well, I really have slowed down already. I usually don't drink during the week and have only a couple of glasses during the weekend. I can kick the habit for 3 weeks, then we will go from there. I do know that when I don't drink, I feel A LOT better and sleep better! And as previously stated, one glass of red wine with dinner is beneficial.
6. White Flour- This will be eliminated. If I eat bread, it will be multi grain or sourdough. Rice will be whole grain or basmati.
7. Stress- No body stress me out, ok??
8. Vegetables- I will be eating a lot more of these guys! Greens are good!!
9. Eliminate Chemicals- This is really hard!! I started with my deodorant- Thanks to Jennifer (aka Jenny from the Block), I have been able to try out most of the natural ones and the one below is my favorite. It really works, which is necessary since chemo pushed me into menopause and those hot flashes are hell!
Some of my weapons in this fight:
In the picture above is, my shampoo It is Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle, my deodorant Crystal Essence, and My Fit Bit
In addition, to those products:
1. My yogurt maker- I make my own yogurt from Organic milk and eat it in the mornings, and also make homemade Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing with it. Way before cancer we stopped buying bottled Salad Dressings and have always made our own.
2. Nutra-Bullet- I use this to make healthy drinks and my salad dressings.
****UPDATED for Yogurt instructions***
many have asked how you make your own yogurt- Well you start with a yogurt maker, mine is a Cuisine brand (pictured below) It's really easy, 1. you boil milk (i use fat free organic), to 180 degrees 2. let it cool 3. mix with a yogurt culture (you can purchase this in powder form or use one you previously made or use store bought 6oz container) 4. place in jars that come with your yogurt machine 5. place in yogurt machine for recommended time (9 hours for fat free milk) 6. Then take it out and place in the refridgerator, you will have 7 6oz containers of yogurt.
I add agave necter, berries and chia seeds to mine to flavor, when I eat it.
So here is a list of the VIP Foods for Fighting Cancer, lets add them to our diet and see how we feel:
1.Green Tea- 3 cups a day
2. Olive Oil
7. Cabbage, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts 3 times a week
8. Veggies and Fruits high in Caroteoids (Red, yellow orange colored)
10. Dark Chocolate
12. Drink lots of water to help flush toxins
This is not some hard diet to follow, it is more just a conscious way of thinking that will help ANYONE keep the cancer cells extinguished. Please let me know if you are going to join me on this road and keep me posted on how you are feeling and any changes you may experience.